Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
"Those poor boys"
"She deserves to be punished too."
"I’m not saying I support rape, but-"
"Sorry to say - she deserved it."
"She put herself in harm’s way"
"But if she was fingered, then that’s not rape."
"She ruined their lives."
"Well she didn’t exactly say ‘no’.."
"Yea, but did you see what she was wearing?"
"Boys will be boys!"
"She should know better than to drink at a party…"
Esdeath - Akame ga Kill! episode 9
No bother at all!
Simple gif tutorial!
- You must have a video/clip of whatever you want to gif downloaded and saved somewhere on your PC before you start. I recommend the video being at least 720p for a good quality gif.
- Now, when you open ps, the first thing you want to do is go into, ‘Window’, then select, ‘Timeline’, from the drop-down menu. A bar should appear at the bottom of your screen. This is where all your frames will be.
- Next, go into, ‘File’, then, ‘Import’. Select, ’video frames to layers’, from there. Choose the video you want to gif from wherever you saved it.
- A window should appear in the middle of ps now saying, ‘Import video to layers’, this is where you select the exact moment you want to gif. You want to select, ‘selected range only’, on the side and set, ‘limit to every 3 frames’, and tick the box. The note here is that the more frames you limit it to, the more time you cover in the video. This is traded for fewer frames. It’s always safest to go with 3 because you can delete frames later. You can select a max of 500 frames. Select the range you want and click, ‘ok’
- Now you have all of your frames. The next step is deleting and editing.
If you’ve ended up with too many frames altogether then here’s a little tip: holding the ctrl key and selecting every 3rd in the timeline, you can quickly and efficiently reduce the number of frames by a third (holding the ctrl key allows you to select multiple frames). If you choose limit to every 4 or 5 frames, for example, you would select every 4th or 5th frame. After selecting all the frames, go to the top right corner of the timeline bar and just below the cross there should be a little list icon. Click it and form the menu that appears, click, ‘delete frame’.
- Your next step after deleting frames is getting rid of anything you don’t want in the gif. Of course, you could always do this before step 5 but if you selected all of your frames perfectly then this shouldn’t be necessary. Anything you don’t want you can select by ctrl and click and then delete.
- Simple editing consists of the adjustments; layers, brightness and contrast and black and white. These should all be in the bar to the right under, ‘adjustments’. When applying these adjustments it is very important to select the last frame in your gif and the last layer in your gif (under the ‘layers’ option in the bar to the right). This applies the adjustments to the whole gif.
Experiment with how different light levels, curves, etc, look within the gif. If you know how to use the other adjustments then use them to make your gif look exactly how you want.
- Once you’ve finished editing and you are happy with how the gif looks (check using the timeline bar, it gives play, pause and duplicate frame options) then go into, ‘file’, and then, ‘save for web’. It is necessary to select save for web and not just save otherwise your gif will not play.
- A window should appear with your gif in the preview area in the center. Now, if you look in the bottom left, just below the gif preview screen, you should see how many kilobytes your gif is. Tumblr’s gif size limit is 2 megabytes so you have to be under that. Tumblr’s post width size is 500 pixels wide so you should always set the width for 500 in single gifs. The image size should be an option in this window and changing the gif to 500 px width will automatically change the height with it.
If you are still over the 2mb limit then the next step you can try is adjusting the dither of the gif. If you’re gif is very colourful then this is a good way of reducing size with only a little lost quality. Set the dither to 99% in the options and the size should go down a couple 100 kbs at least.
If you are still over then deleting frames should be your next option. Click cancel on the window and delete any frames you can get rid of. If you absolutely can’t lose any frames then you have to reduce the colour, size and/or dither of the gif.
However, this will make it look worse, unfortunately.
- Once you have it under the limit you can preview the gif with the ‘preview’ button and then save the gif wherever you want.
This is a pretty basic guide but it covers all the basics, al least so it should give you a starting point in making gifs.
After mastering this you would want to learn about PSD’s and including multiple gifs in one gif.
- I hate drawing
- I hate it
- I hate everything I draw
- I LOVE IT, IT MAKES ME HAPPY
- DRAWING IS FUN
- WHOA, LOOK AT HOW I CAN DRAW, INCREDIBLE
- no, it’s bad
- yeah, I am bad at it
- I hate drawing
- dang, I love drawing
you ever get in those moods where a family member just opens their mouth and youre like
霧嶋 董香 (Kirishima Touka)
ISTJ: Practical and down-to-earth. Probably your mother.
ISFJ: Always nice enough to be suspicious and more loyal than all your pets combined.
ISTP: Probably don’t care about you, might still kill you in your sleep though.
ISFP: Always carrying at least 4 daisy chains on them at all times; don’t take them to museums if you ever want to come out again.
INTP: That one guy hiding in their room trying to calculate exactly how much bigger the TARDIS is on the inside.
INFP: Starry-eyed idealist, so caring and sweet they might just rot your teeth out.
INTJ: 50% standoffishness, 50% being right all the time, 100% better than you.
INFJ: Spends half their time delivering melodramatic heroic monologues and the other half attempting to purify the ground they walk on.
ESTJ: 100% committed to their life partner, the rulebook.
ESFJ: Happy to make you happy to make them—could potentially create a feeling paradox.
ESTP: Probably Kanye West.
ESFP: The golden retriever you always wanted, except in human form.
ENTP: Would probably blow up the world to calculate shrapnel velocity.
ENFP: Like a bottle of fizzy soda, except with more righteousness.
ENTJ: Like an INTJ, just better at hiding the fact that they’re an asshole.
ENFJ: The world’s mother hen. May also be running ten cults of worship behind your back.
Nobody’s gonna live another day, huh… sounds good to me.